Emonda ALR 4 Disc is a lightweight aluminum road bike with powerful hydraulic disc brakes, a quality drivetrain, and a frame that looks and handles like a far more expensive carbon bike. It's perfect for new riders, racers, and anyone who values the better braking performance and tire clearance provided by disc brakes.
It's right for you if...
You're a value-minded rider looking for a lightweight race bike with the added versatility and performance of disc brakes. You expect a lot of performance for your dollar, and want a quality ride you won't immediately outgrow.
The tech you get
A lightweight 300 Series Alpha Aluminum frame with shaped tubes and Invisible Weld Technology for the looks and handling of a far more expensive carbon bike, a Shimano Tiagra groupset with 20 speeds, an Emonda carbon fork, powerful flat-mount hydraulic disc brakes, and internal cable routing in both the frame and fork.
The final word
Emonda ALR 4 Disc is the most affordable road disc model in the lineup, but it handles like a far more expensive bike and has the looks to match. It's an extremely capable race bike at a great value.
Why you'll love it
- Carbon looks and handling, alloy price point: Invisible Weld Technology and shaped tubes for sleek looks, light weight, and incredible handling
- It climbs fast, corners on rails, and descends with confidence
- Disc brakes offer better braking performance and extra clearance for wider, more stable tires
- It shares the geometry of our highest-end carbon Émonda race bikes, and it gives you a ride quality that stands up in every way to far more expensive carbon bikes
- Internal cable routing extends the life of your cables and adds to the bike's sleek look
|Frame||Ultralight 300 Series Alpha Aluminum, Invisible Weld technology, tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, DuoTrap S compatible, flat mount disc|
|Fork||Emonda SL full carbon, tapered carbon steerer, internal brake routing, flat mount disc|
|Headset||FSA Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8'' top, 1.5'' bottom|
Front: 12x100mm thru-axle
Rear: 12x142mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Affinity Disc, Tubeless Ready, 24-hole, 21mm width, Presta valve|
|Hubs||Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, centerlock disc|
|Spokes||14g stainless steel|
|Tires||Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, wire bead, 60 tpi, 700x25c|
|Crankset||Shimano Tiagra 4700|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano BB71, 86.5mm, PressFit|
|Chain||Shimano Tiagra HG54, 10 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra 4700, braze-on|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra 4700, long cage|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Tiagra HG500, 12-28, 10 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Tiagra R4725, short reach lever, 10 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Comp VR-C, alloy|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager Supertack Perf tape|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree|
|Saddle||Bontrager Montrose Comp|
|Seat Post||Bontrager Approved, alloy|
* Subject to change without notice.